Monday, March 19, 2007

300

Stardate 03-09-2007

I couldn't help but thinking while watching 300 that the people at the rating system are getting so touchy. I could not believe that this got an R rating. I'm pretty sure this one will be rated PG-13 up in Canada. There are really only a couple of people who get killed.


That said, here are some more thoughts on 300.
-I'm glad that it was historically acurate.
-Zerkzies I, the Persian ruler and bad guy was 9 feet tall.
-Spartans can kill anyone. Even the best that Asia has to offer. This includes: Immortal Persian Samuri, Bomb throwing China Men, and Giant deformed beasts (whose ethnicity I could not quite pin down).
-Beautiful 17 year old virgin Oracles don't always get thier predictions right.


-At age 7, Spartan boys are taken from their parents to be trained as warriors. They are also baptized in the blood of their foes.

8 comments:

Allison said...

spencer,
no one wanted to see this before your blog, and even less people want to see it now. What the hell??

Elyse said...

dont listen to allison--i really wanted to see it before your post and i sort of want to after it.

not even you can screw up a movie this good

Spencer Davis said...

My advise would be to see this movie before it leaves the silver screen. The fight scenes are amazing an unlike anything I have ever seen before. It wouldn't be as cool if you wated and watched it on video.

Or you can follow this link
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/4

and watch it for free on your computer. Viva la Internet!!!

tjcool18 said...

I thought the story was really stupid, but I agree with Darth Spencer in that the visuals of the fights are quite cool. Definitely a must see in the theatres.

Ian said...

Zerkzies I looks just like I imagined him.

Katie said...

I've never even heard of the movie before seeing your blog. I'm thinking this one might not be up my alley...

Lisa/Scott said...

Dude, what has happened to the coolest missionary I knew? He turned into a scifinerd!! Don't you remember that I was the captain of the football team and the nerds and I were mortal enemies? I used to beat up people like you! It's good to see that everything is going good with your nerdiness. Thanks for comment on our blog. Your kid is really cute. Your still an immortal in my eyes, even if you like harry potter. You rock!

Spencer Davis said...

Yes I am a scifinerd. I guess this is sort of a coming out of the closet experience for us. I'm glad that you still accept me.