Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Legend of the Seeker

Stardate 10-28-2008

Let me ask you a question. While watching Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Lost, re-runs of Star Trek TNG, or Chuck, have you ever said to yourself, "This show is pretty awesome, but I wish it was just a little bit nerdier."? For all of you who answered YES, have I got great news for you.

The creators of Hercules and Xena: Warrior Princess are back to the small screen and they have brought with them something that fans of fantasy have been waiting for for years. The Legend of the Seeker. The Legend of the Seeker is a new TV series based off of The Sword of Truth book series from Terry Goodkind. There are 11 books in this series. I am about to start book 5. I love the series. Its full of excellent story telling, creative original creatures, original uses of magic, fun characters, brutal violence, and for those of us with a softer side, heart pounding romance. The books are each pretty long; around 900 pages each. The producers of Legend of the Seeker plan to cover each book over the span of a 22 episode TV season. They have stated that they are going to stray from the books at certain parts and expand upon the series mythology. I hope they get it right.

The new show starts this weekend on the CW. I think they are going to show one hour on Saturday and then the second hour on Sunday. From then on, the show will be on every Saturday night.

Please enjoy a Youtube clip of the first 10 minutes of the show.

7 comments:

3703 said...

Why are the best/nerdiest TV shows always aired on Friday or Saturday night?

Spencer Davis said...

The answer is simple 8149. Its so that we can have a sweet date night at home every Friday and Saturday night. My female can't wait for this new show to start.

Allison said...

Awe, you are so romantic! I seriously am so lucky that you let me watch Sci-Fi with you and to make things better you will even watch me fold the laundry while I join you. You're the BEST babe, you complete me, Happy Halloween!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Darth --
What the crap?!?!? Are you in book club or what? I am waiting for your comments....

Get on it!
ssm

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Darth -
We're still waiting for you to chime in on book club... did you join a new club or something? We read your book and we've got a new book picked for November...

Also, I think 8149 secretly wants in on the action... we're an equal opportunity employer, so feel free to join us.

Lisa/Scott said...

Hey Darth Spency, what's the deal with the Halloween invite this year?!? Just because I was the life of the party the last 2 years and stole all the attention from you doesn't mean you have to give me the Chilean OSO. Anyway, my rich father in law is launching a new MLM company. We are all going to be Billionaires!! Anyway, contact me if you worship money like me and want some!

Spencer Davis said...

Scott-
Sadly, there was no Haloween party this year. Were were so sick of you and Lisa stealing our glory that we called it off. It was a pretty busy october for us. I missed a lot of work and we just couldn't find time to come up to SLC and do the party. I think we'll probably take a couple of years off and build up the excitement about starting it up again.

Count me in for the MLM business. I do worship money and I have no problem alienating friends and family in order to get a little bit more.