Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Intro Music

Stardate 12-17-2008

Have you ever wondered what your intro music would be if you were the one walking out through the bleachers on your way to fight in the WWE, UFC, or a Boxing Match? I always think about this. For me, I would need something that in addition to pumping me up, would also strike fear into the heart of my opponent. I have finally found the perfect song for my into music; Warriors of the World United, by Manowar.

Manowar has to be one of the greatest American Metal bands. In 1984 they were included in the Guinness Book of World Records for delivering the loudest concert. They have since broken their record twice and hold the current loudest concert record. The also have the longest Heavy Metal concert record after playing for 5 hours and 1 minute in Bulgaria in 2008.

Here are my favorite lines from the song:

"Now swear the blood upon your steel, will never dry"

"If I should fall in battle
My brothers who fight by my side
Gather my horse and weapons
Tell my family how I died
Until then I will be strong
I will fight for all that is real
All who stand in my way will die!!!
BY STEEL!!!"

Enjoy



What would be your intro music?

11 comments:

dunndee said...

Brazilians get rid of your butt hair not your lip hair... do you still want one?

Cicely said...

Barbie Girl by Aqua.

Spencer Davis said...

That is actually better. I had some serious reservations about waxing off my mustache.

Cicely-
What sort of event would Barbie Girl be appropriate intro music for?

Cicely said...

What isn't it appropriate for?

I'm thinking about just taping a boom box to my back and putting it on repeat. It would be my intro song for life.

mel or kel said...

All I can say is CREEPY. I would be afraid of you!!

Allison said...

Seriously.... How weird are you? In answer to your question, No. I have never thought about this. I am a little stoked that you have invested so much thought into your intro music for something that I think is fair to say is so never gonna happen. Not a hater, just gotta keep you grounded.

This is a little obvious I know but My intro music... hands down CHA CHA SLIDE.

Spencer Davis said...

"Not a hater"...totaly tubular 90s word Allison. The Cha Cha Slide would be pretty great, especially if you started doing the dance while walking into the arena. Though I wonder if you did do the dance if you would ever get to the ring.

Cicely-
I like the idea of strapping the boom box to your back, but I still don't like Barbie Girl.

3703 said...

Insightful post. I have thought about this and I have also thought about the props that would go off as I came out from backstage. There would be mist and lightning.

Theme Music: The Godfather Waltz

or Bagpipes (maybe something reminiscent of Highlander)

3703 said...

Good thing you already own some leather outfits. You will look awesome with chainmail wristbands.

Will your wrestler name be Messiah of Death?

3703 said...

I think my wrestler name would be Mount Doom.

tjcool18 said...

This post reminded me of when I went to a local ultimate fighting competition in Utah. Nate Tayborn was participating.

I don't remember his intro music, but I did enjoy it when he was introduced as a street fighter from Holladay, UT.

Man the things that I have seen growing up on the east side of the SLC.