Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dollhouse

Stardate 02-25-2009

Joss Whedon, the man behind of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Serenity, etc. has a new show on Fox called Dollhouse. Its about a secret organization which has the ability to program their agents to fulfill any task you need them to accomplish. This aspect of the show is sort of like that part of The Matrix where they program Neo to learn Kung Fu, except on Dollhouse, after the agent accomplishes their task, their memory and abilities that they received for that particular mission, are completely wiped out. So far, for me, the most interesting thing about this procedure is that the abilities that they give their agents are abilities that they have somehow been taken from someone else. I'm very curious to learn more about the history of this company and also to explore the ethical aspects of this.

The first episode was so so, but I kept with it and I'm glad that I did. The second episode was awesome and I can't wait for this week's episode.

Everyone should give this show a chance. There are some pretty interesting characters so far and the story that they are setting up seems like it will be awesome.

Go watch the first two episodes on HULU and then start watching Dollhouse, Friday nights on Fox.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I don't think that is gonna happen. But I am thrilled you finally found a show you like! See you just needed a little patience, and a lot of hard work. Love Ya.

Cicely said...

If Papa Suite had a crush on a man- it would be Joss Whedon.

Camille Kemp said...

I was so excited for this show. I love Joss he is a friggin genius. I didn't even know it had started. 2 eps already? I never watch tv anymore. Thanks for the heads up. Have you seen his brother Jed and his wife singing on youtube?

Camille Kemp said...

I've watched em all and I am addicted. I hope Fox gives it a chance. Or Joss should just do an online series. That would be interesting. I never watch TV anyway. Just TV shows online.