Sunday, August 12, 2007

2007 Washington County Fair: Is Out Of This World

Stardate 08-12-2007

My female and I decided to go to the Fair last Saturday night. You can imagine my excitement when on the way there, my female started reading a review from the paper and we found out that the fair had a Sci-Fi theme. Here are some highlights from this years fair:

1. Lasertainment Laser Light Show. Spectacular high-impact laser and lighting displays.
2. NASA Exhibits
3. Portable Planetarium. Visitors were given the chance to sit in a portable laser dome show and learned the exciting news of the new SouthWest Science Center. A new planetarium that will be built right here in St. George.
4. Space and Science Fiction Themed Art.
5. Science and Physics demonstrations from a University of Utah professor. Owen learned all about inertia.
6. The crown jewel of them all: A tribute to the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars. An open air movie presentation of Return of the Jedi and a chance to meet the characters.

Can you believe how awesome this was? I was so excited to go and learn about space. Here are some of our family's favorite moments.

1. Met Darth Vader, Owen did. Like him, he did not.
2. Owen loved the animals. He pet a bunny, a baby chic, goats, horses, a donkey and a baby cow.
3. My female and I ate our first funnel cake. It was delish, but we both thought it would have been better if it had been a cooler day. Hot funnel cake and a hot day does not a perfect treat make.
4. We saw Chewbacca from a distance and I kept screaming for him to come over and see us. I them screamed, "Chewbacca, bless my baby." I got a good laugh and a nod from a white trash guy who was walking by.
5. Owen went on the Merry-Go-Round and loved it.
6. Allison and I bought Italian styled sunglasses from Carnies.


Help me Obi-Wan Kanobi. You're my only hope.


The Stormtrooper was not as scary.


I thought Owen was going to go "Lenny" on this baby chic, but he was actually very gentle.


You can see my female sporting the hot European Sunglasses that we bought from some nice Asian Carnies.


Darth Spencer and Owen on the Merry-Go-Round. Owen loved it and you can see my smooth sunglasses that were bought from the Asian Carnies.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Owen's experience meeting Darth Vader was probably similar to Luke's scary experience on Dagobah. But he came through it, and is now on his way to becoming a Jedi Master (probably why he wasn't scared of the storm trooper).

Katie said...

Looks likes you had a great time. Wow, to think all that sci fi wonder in St. George.

Quick question, how does Allison feel about being called your "female"? :)

Spencer Davis said...

Katie-
How dare you address me like that, but to be a good blog host I will say this. My female values me calling her female more than she values Gold Pressed Latnum.

tjcool18 said...

That is one lucky woman that you have. I can't wait for Celine next weekend. That is going to be one heck of a blog entry this I can promise you!

cblakes said...

lolololololol