Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Join Me as I Pour Out a Little Fire Water to Our Ancestors Departed

Stardate 08-22-2007

I saw a gem of a movie the other week and I just know that ya'll would love it as much as I did. Though it was difficult to watch the slaughter of our people, Pathfinder tells the true story of the persecution of our ancestors. You see, 600 years before the "discovery" of America, the Vikings would come to our land and kill our people for sport. The movie tells the story of a small Viking boy who was left behind by his family. He was taken in and raised by our people as one of their own. Years later, the Vikings would return for more blood, but they would receive an unexpected suprise.

Though I must applaude the production of this movie for keeping the story's historical integrity in place, I think that they could have made a much better movie had they embelished a bit. For example, the Indians faught with sticks. Of course they're going to get slaughtered by the Vikings who have armor and swords. The action sequences would have been much more entertaining if the Indians at least had some tomahawks. At least the Viking boy who has become and Indian warrior can fight. Check out this great YouTube clip to see how one can slaughter many. Enjoy the blood bath.



The only reason that I am able to look past this and still recommend this movie is because towards the end of the story, the Viking boy who has become and Indian warrior is able to defeat the Vikings not by using his Viking skills, but by using his knowlege of nature and the land. How does a young Viking/Indian Warrior kill hundreds of ravenous, blood-lusted Viking men with his knowlege of nature you might ask? You'll have to see it to find out.

6 comments:

tjcool18 said...

Wow this looks incredible. Darth Spencer how would you compare it to Alien vs. Predator?

Spencer Davis said...

Well TJ, you can't really compare anything to AVP and have it be fair, but I would say that Pathfinder does do a fairly OK job of bringing two races together in a live or die deathmatch. I would even say that there is more action in Pathfinder, though at times it is pretty one sided.

I told Mr. Rumble that this is an excellent late night sleepover movie. I think the two of you and Brannan would enjoy it.

Kyle said...

The teaser at the end of your post was amazing! I'm tempted to leave work now to rent Pathfinder, although like you, I don't know how I'll stomach seeing my forebearers being butchered-Trail of Tears all over again.

FYI-I've been meaning to call you for the last week, but obviously haven't yet.

3703 said...

What a dark and mysterious movie, I think Skeletor stole that vikings helmut or the viking stole it from him, i'm not sure.

At least the viking slaughter taught the indians that they would need to upgrade their weaponry. In looking back I don't think they used that 600year window to its full advanatage as it seems they just sharpened their sticks and implemented stones.

whitney said...

I find it very amusing that you call them "our" people. Last time I check you had blond hair and white skin.

Spencer Davis said...

Whitney-
First of all, I'm shocked that you would question my heritage. The color of my skin, hair and eyes may have been corrupted by the white man, but my soul, hunting skills and love of nature has not. You see, I am a direct descendent of Pocahontus. If you recall, she married an Englishman by the name of John Rolfe. The two of them had a little boy named Alexander Rolfe. I am a direct descendent of Alexander. Perhaps next time we are together I will show you how easy it is for me to control the tatanka (or buffalo to the white man) or to make maize, or to shoot a bow and arrow.