Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Angelina Jolie's Twins

Stardate 07-01-2008


I thought I would try to increase my readership by posting these pictures of Angelina's new twin babies. I'm pretty confident that those who want to see my exclusive pics (my aunt is a nurse at the hospital in France) are the same demographic that love science fiction blogs. So to bridge the gap between Angelina Jolie lovers and scifi, I'm going to do a movie review of Wanted.

Today was Duane's bday, so for our hot date, I let Duane pick the movie. He must be a huge Angelina Jolie fan because this was his first choice. Wanted is about a secret creed of assassins called the Brotherhood whose members are assigned a person to kill. This assignment comes by the powers of fate and a weaving loom. The main character is a loser, a nobody, a blank wall, until he finds out that he is a member of this secret assassin group. It only takes him a day and some money in his pocket for him to magically transform into a total bad A. I must say that there are some excellent action sequences and some very clever and fun special effects. There his a huge level of violence, always a plus in my book.

On the downside, the characters are extremely unlikable. This movie was adapted from a graphic novel. I usually love comic book movies because I am a nerd and its easy for me to relate to the main characters. Peter Parker is the best example of this. Well, its a bit different in the movie Wanted. I would say that the kind of person who would really like the characters and would relate most to their personalties would be someone who played high school football. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is the Varsity Blues of comic book movies.

Don't waste your time.

7 comments:

Cicely said...

That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this with David. I thought it looked a little violent for my taste, but the previews looked pretty good.

Thanks for the heads up. oh, and the twins aren't even that cute. Lefty is totally balding.

Katie said...

I think this will for sure increase your readership. Although, you already reach hundreds of thousands I'm sure.

3703 said...

So I was googling bradgelina and saw your blog! I was so excited.

Did they at least teach you how to summersault your bullets??

Lets get some guns and practice this weekend.

Spencer Davis said...

Katie-
You are correct. I love my hundreds of thousands of readers, but think of all those people out there who have never read my blog. I'm doing this for them, not for me.

Rumbler-
Owen and I have already been practicing with the new pellet gun that I got him. He's doing very well, so yes, I think we will be ready to try bending bullets with real guns this weekend.

Ian said...

So an Angelina Jolie movie wasn't very good? Really?

Marcie said...

Your blog is freakin' HOT! Thanks for the invitation to view this highly informative site. Hugs, Marcie

Spencer Davis said...

Marcie-
I can't wait for your future comments and thoughts on all things science fiction, fantasy, and nerd. I'm sure that your insights will add to the pure awesomeness that is my blog.