Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The History of Hiro's Sword

Stardate 09-04-2007

Us here at the Ministry of Truth are getting pretty pumped up for the upcoming Heroes: Season 2. As many of you may or may not know, the second season of Heroes will focus quite a bit on the origins of the Heroes. In anticipation of the new season the team behind Heroes have taken a page out of JJ Abrams' Lost book and have created a mock website dedicated to giving its viewers some additional back story. Here is the gist of the website and a link to the website.

Kaito Nakamura, Hiro's father, founded a fellowship to honor various heroes throughout history. One of the heroes that is honored is Takezo Kensei. Throughout the first season, Hiro and Ando made many references to Kensei and Kensei's sword. It was Kensei's sword that Hiro had to find in order to bring back his power and eventually kill Syler. The Yamagato Fellowship provides historical information about Kensei and his sword and also has videos that one can watch to find out more detailed information. The videos are set up like a documentary that you would watch on the History Channel and are pretty cool. The stories told here are supposed to be the same stories about Kensei that Hiro's father told to him when he was a little boy.

I would recommend going to the link above to watch the videos. They are going to release a new one each week. The videos are only about 4 min. long. There is already one that you can watch and there is supposed to be another one that comes available today. I've found a small 1 min. clip of the first video on YouTube. You can watch it to get a taste, but the real thing is better.



Another note of interest is that in Heroes: Season 2, Takezo Kensei will be played by David Anders. Most of us will recognize him as Sark from Alias. Strange but interesting.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Sark was so evil in Alias. I'm sure he will bring the same dark side to Hereos. I might need to check it out this season.

Congrats on the baby too. We are so happy for you. No doubt he or she will be a sci-fi lover as well!

Spencer Davis said...

Katie-
I would think that he would be dark as well, but it seems that people are saying that he is going to be good. It would be strange to see him play someone who is good. I think that I'll be waiting for him to stab someone in the back the whole time.

Thanks. My female and I decided early in our marriage that our children would all grow up loving dogs and sci fi.

Allison said...

I remember it being Dogs and competitive sports. I would never agree to having all my children be nerds. They will most definitely all play FOOTBALL!!

Spencer Davis said...

5-Peat Baby!!! Thats the attitude I love to hear. Football!!!

tjcool18 said...

I knew Sark would be back!

Hopefully you and Allison will return to Skyline´s boundries just in time to return the football team to its original glory with your incredibly athletic children.

Spencer Davis said...

Dude, TJ, when Coach DuPaix comes recruitin', we'll be happy to head back up to Skyline.

Anonymous said...

You might also be interested in knowing that Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) will be joining Mr. Sulu in a recurring role on Heroes this year.

Live Long and Prosper

Suzette Baird said...

When I see this picture I am reminded of my golden years as post college poster boy with a blown out knee. Thanks to your family (and mostly Ian) I got through it with only Alias Season One and a kitchen knife under my bed in case the pain got too bad and I had to cut off my leg!