Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall TV Shows

Stardate 10-02-2007

I'm so excited about TV. Please share in the excitement with me. Here is a rundown on the new fall line ups. Don't worry, I won't waste your time reviewing the crap shows like CSI or SVU or Law and Order or other crap crime solving crap.

Monday:
Fox 7:00 MST- Prison Break. How do you make this hot show hotter? I'll tell you. Make Michael Schofield break out of an unairconditioned prison that is in the heart of hot Panama. Caliente! Here is the run down. Michael got thrown into the worst prison in Panama. I knew the company would get him somehow. Now he needs to break out some dude who is also in there so that they don't kill the oh so hot Sara Tancredy and LJ. I'm still going to watch, but they should have ended this after season 2. Where does the show go from here?

NBC 7:00 MST- Chuck . Another lovable loser show. So hot right now. This is the second new show out this season from Jason Schwartz, the creator of the OC. He has again teamed up with McG (the moron who produced/directed Charlie's Angels. Girl Power!!!). Here's the LD on the DL. Chuck is emailed the files from an NSA/CIA supercomputer. The images and their codes are now stored in his brain. Seeing people and hearing sounds will trigger memories and bring these super secrets to the front of his mind. I was able to look past the fact that I hate McG and enjoy the first two episodes of this show. Chuck's character is sort of like Seth Cohen, but not as funny. Chuck's friend, whose supposed to be the comic relief, isn't funny. I'll keep watching to see where it goes.

NBC 8:00 MST- Heroes. I'm so happy that Heroes is back. I'm excited about the outlook of Volume 2. The mind of Darth Spencer was correct last spring when he successfully predicted that the illness suffered by little Molly would become a plague and a future story line. I'm looking forward to understanding how the company was formed and how its brought down to its knees. Lots of mysteries to be solved. Good thing they brought Veronica Mars in to investigate.

NBC 9:00 MST- Journeyman . Don't waste your time on this time travel drama. I had to fight just to get through the Pilot. Here is the deal. Some guy mysteriously travels back in time to help people. Sound familiar? They've totally ripped off Quantum Leap and then butchered the idea. QL was much funnier and much more creative.

Tuesday:
ABC 7:00 MST- Cavemen. I'm excited for the premier which is tonight. I love the commercials. I hope that ABC doesn't screw it up.

NBC 7:30 MST- The Biggest Loser. Another season of the Biggest Loser is upon us. I'll admit that I really used to enjoy this show and used to watch it all the time. It really did motivate me to get fit. Now I've become too lazy to even watch it. Sammy from Days is the new host. I hope that Stefano kidnaps her. Lucas would be so pissed. Jillian is back and bad as ever this season. Anyone else think she looks like a man version of Amanda Peet?










Wednesday:
NBC 8:00 MST- The Bionic Woman. Bill Haverchuck would be very pleased. His favorite show is back. David Eich is the remake creator and producer. David is also behind the most excellent remake of Battlestar Galactica and will also be behind the Battlestar spin off, Caprica. Starbuck and Cheif Tyroll both showed up in the Pilot. I wonder how long it will take the Bionic Woman to figure out that they are Cylons. Though there were some cheesy one liners, I really enjoyed the show and think that it has some serious staying power. Highly suggested by Darth Spencer.

Spike 8:00 MSt- The Ultimate Fighter. Do you like violence and the martial arts? Then the new season of TUF is for you. This is the realty series behind the UFC. Think of the Contender. Its pretty much the same, but much better.

Thursday:
NBC 7:00 MST- My Name Is Earl. I'm impressed with the writing on this show. The very nature of the story requires that the same thing happens each episode. Earl has to right one of his wrongs in order to please Karma. Not only have the writers been able to do this every episode and keep it interesting, they also been able to weave in a continuing story line which flows along nicely. There are great supporting characters. If you gave it up or never gave it a chance, repent.

NBC 7:30 MST- 30 Rock. I'm still pissed that Ugly Bettie beat out Tina Fey for the Emmy. At least 30 Rock took best comedy (though I do believe that The Office is even funnier). Every character on this show is hilarious. I never thought that I would say that about Alec Baldwin, but he really is so funny on it. If your not watching, then you should start. You will be very pleased.

NBC 8:00 MST- The Office. The best comedy on TV and if anyone dare deny it, I will strike them down like Obi Wan was struck down by Darth Vader.

ABC 8:00 MST- Grey's Anatomy. Way too much drama but it still sucks me in. I tend to skip an episode or two here and there, but I still enjoy the show. I can't figure out why the main character is so unlikable.

Friday:
Sci Fi Channel 7:00 MST- Flash Gordon I've heard many celebs talk about Flash Gordon and how it was such an influence on them as children. I was really excited for this show but in all honesty its not too great. Its sort of cheesy and I guess its supposed to be like that. Flash is called Flash because he can run fast. He's also charming and intuitive. Those are pretty much all his skills. No wonder he's the protector of the universe.

Saturday:
CW 7:00 MST- Saturday Night Live. Same cast as last year. Though I miss Tina Fey, I really like this cast. The majority of the skits are pretty funny. La Bron James was excellent last week in the High School Musical sketch.

What are your favorite shows for the fall season?

Anything you think I missed?

14 comments:

3703 said...

Cavemen: LMAO. I enjoyed the writer's take on the sociological effects of Cavemen in a modern society. I never expected the Premier to be so funny. I don't know how to describe my feelings, but the show created a subplot within our world from the viewpoint of the caveman, but, just like the commercials, all of our mesiosomic assumptions about cavemen are incorrect.

OH, and there are references to cavegirls, but we are yet to see one. Do they shave? Are they hot? Facial hair? I can't wait. My only fear is that all of the cavejokes were spent on one episode.

Spencer Davis said...

My female and i also loved Cavemen. I was very happy to see that it was as funny as the commercials. The squash game and the european travel wallet were my favorite parts.

Jayme said...

I'll be watching Matt and Matt on TUF!!

cblakes said...

Cavemen sound funny, and like it takes a perspective on society kind of like 3rd Rock from the Sun.

What do you think of LOST? I'm still hooked despite a mostly lackluster season last season.

Henry Jenkins (the new Marshal McLuhan...so hot right now) made a similar post and agrees with you on Journeyman, and with Juddy on Cavemen.

http://www.henryjenkins.org/2007/09/three_longstanding_acafen_ivan.html#more

He said he liked the show "Supernatural" from last year. Have you heard of it?

I caught one episode of beauty and the geek and still think it's hilarious.

cblakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer Davis said...

Jayme-
Which Matt do you like?

I'm a Matt Serra man myself. Can't stand Matt Hughes. I loved how he said a couple of episodes ago that if he could give it all up he would and just work at a nursing home, because thats what he loves to do. He loves to take care of people.

Cblakes-
I never saw Supernatural. I've heard very little about it, but people seem to like it. I'll have to check it out. I'm also going to check out Jerico. The story behind it is sort of similar to Roswell and Firefly. The show gets good reviews but only picks up a cult following. The network decides to cancel it, but then there is such an outcry from the fans that they decide to give it another season. The new season starts up in January so now would be good time to rent season one just before season 2 begins.

As far as Lost goes...I'm still into it. I actually really liked the second half of last season. My biggest complaint from last season was the death of Mr. Eco and I didn't like John Locke's story line very much, though it did get very exciting towards the end of the season. I'm excited for the 16 strait episodes after the new year.

Jayme said...

You missed one: Hulk Hogan Slated to Host Next Generation of American Gladiators. http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2007/10/hulk_hogan_finalizing_deal_to.php

Jayme said...

Yes, and that he had his team read Esther to find out who Matt Hughes would be and that the answer was the Queen because like her he cares about his people. I hope Serra blasts him!! Although Serra showed serious weakness by not sending his boy home last week.

Jayme

3703 said...

I'm sold, I cannot wait for some Gladiator action, brother.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

I'm quite impressed at the quantity of television shows that you watch on a regular basis. Granted, I don't have cable nor TIVO, but still.

I watch The Office and Beauty and the Geek (so hot right now) and everything else is kind of sporadic.

Spencer Davis said...

Jayme-
I'm pumped for the all new American Gladiators. I had no idea about any of the details surrounding it, but I did notice on NBC's web page that there was a casting call for contetents taking place in Las Vegas. I'm pretty sure that Darth Spencer would represent our family well, but I decided that I need to hit the tracks and weights and maybe try out in a year or so.

Kyle-
You need to get your priorities strait if your only putting in couple of hours of TV watching a week. Now that Olivia is in the picture, it will be hard unless you get a DVR system. You watch what you want, when you want.

tjcool18 said...

sman - Your dedication to TV continues to inspire me. I don't know if I will ever be able to compete. You need to start watching Gossip Girl on the CW though. I will try and post a review in the next few days.

Unknown said...

im told i look like the fbi agent from prison break though i liken myself more to tracy morgan from 30 rock. thoughts?