Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grand Opening

Stardate 05-28-2008

Last night was the grand opening of Barnes and Noble here in St. George. I am very proud to say that I was there for this great moment and that I was the first person to go into the Science Fiction/Fantasy section. This truly will be a moment that I can share with my grandkids some day. Here is what I picked up.



The second book in the Song of Fire and Ice Series. The only thing cooler than reading a 1000 page epic fantasy novel is reading a bright purple 1000 page epic fantasy novel.


After listening to Neverwhere, I couldn't resist trying something else out by Neil Gaiman. This book is a blend of Americana, mythology, and fantasy. This book won the Hugo, Nebula, and Bram Stoker awards for best novel.

I'm sure you will all wait in suspense to hear what I think about them.

5 comments:

Allison said...

why didn't you mention the book you got me?

Spencer Davis said...

Because I don't put vegan filth on my blog.

3703 said...

I was surprised this post already got two comments and then I saw it was you two bickering.

SPeakng of vegan, if I were a cow, hopefully someday, I would be stoked to find out that I could just sleep in a crate all day and not have to move around like the others.

Back to the SCI FI, did Gaiman write the book about the star who marries the englishman and they rule a fantasy kingdom forever?

Spencer Davis said...

Yes Rumbler, it was Gaiman who wrote about your beloved Babylon Candle. I have not read Stardust but I would like to. I've heard that it is a bit different than the movie.

Katie said...

How exciting! Spencer, that is a serious claim-to-fame for being the first in the science fiction section. We would expect nothing less of you.