Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lieutenant Dan Runs In the Olympics

Stardate 05-20-2008

A lot of you have heard about the protesters, gathering in droves, writing catchy phrases on their picket signs, and shouting at the top of their lungs at the human rights violations that are going on at the Beijing, China Olympics. I would like to speak about one of these atrocities today. Apparently, a frakking cylon/human hybrid has been cleared to run in the Olympics.

The bionic man in question, South African Oscar Pistorious, and his cybernetic magic legs are once again training for the Olympic qualifiers. Just four days ago, he was unsure if he was going to be able to compete or not. For some time, the Olympic committee had rightly said that he could not compete because the cyborg legs created an unfair advantage. Luckily for Oscar, there must be a fellow cylon skin job on the European Court of Arbitration for Sports, the group that gave him the go ahead. For the last couple of months leading up to the decision, Oscar was busy at work with MIT, running tests (no pun intended) to determine if his robot legs that he wears when he runs gives him a biochemical or a metabolic advantage over regular humans. MIT says that the legs do not give him an unfair advantage. What do a bunch of nerds know about running anyway?
Here is further proof that Oscar is a Cyborg. Check out this YouTube clip. The music that plays during the clip is perfect robot like music.
Please voice your opinion and fears about robots competing against humans.

11 comments:

Allison said...

it's official, you are a retard. but you would be happy to know that Owen at least gets your humor. While watching the video he kept yelling "again, again, robot!" I hope your proud.

3703 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3703 said...

LOL. What a good son.

Firstly, I do feel bad for legless people, because I love both of mine. Having said that, the purpose of the Olympics is to push natural human abilities to their fullest. When one does not have natural abilities, i.e. legs, then they don't get to participate.

I would compare this to fat girls forcing their way into cheerleading or a guy waitering at hooters; people need to recognize when they are not wanted at the party

Allison said...

or a girl with no boobs waitering at hooters

3703 said...

inappropriate

Spencer Davis said...

I love my child. Babies are pretty boring, but they start getting pretty cool when they recognize R2 D2, Darth Vader, and know a robot when they see one.

Excellent points Rumbler. I dare anyone to try to argue you logic.

Allison said...

I am pretty sure Eli thinks you are boring too. I thought parents weren't suppose to admit they have favorites! And you posted it on your blog of all places, how do you explain that when he is 14? Start saving now cause your paying for the therapy

Cicely said...

Sometimes I hate you.

Cicely said...

Not you Allison.

Spencer Davis said...

Cicely-
Why would you hate The Rumbler?

Marcie said...

Hmmm, I have a bum leg so I'm thinking of getting at least one of these. Don't you think I would look hot? And seriously, I need all the unfair advantages I can get at my age.